Data Scientist, Real World & Analytics Solutions Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Data Scientist, Real World & Analytics Solutions
We are recruiting a Data Analyst based in Angers who will be part of a cross-functional team working in close relationship with hospital stakeholders. The primary objectives of this role will be to coordinate the development of Real-World Evidence studies across functions, to prepare and execute statistical analysis. This role reports to the Country Programme Lead and is expected to work closely with the rest of the country team.
• Managing all relationships across a hospital to ensure a respectful and mutually-beneficial long-term partnership
• Liaising with hospital teams, informatics and clinical teams in order to understand the origins, contents and structure of data
• Understanding the research objectives and communicating that understanding to other stakeholders
• Ability to extract and amalgamate information gathered from the information systems.
• Conducting analysis on the content of clinical data to assess quality, completeness and volumes of data, and effectively communicate the results of this analysis to IQVIA colleagues Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
• Completed university degree, preferably in a subject such as IT, business informatics, bioinformatics, information systems, computer science, life sciences, physics or engineering
• Some prior experience in a Data Analyst position working with large healthcare datasets and ideally the hospital environment
• Experience of developing credible relationships with senior level managers, hospital staff and clinical teams
• Able to maintain high standards whilst managing projects and juggling priorities
• Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within timelines
• Demonstrable analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills in a structured methodological approach
• Good data management experience, including database administration (e.g. in SQL or Oracle)
• Ability to develop ad-hoc script writing in R and SQL, potentially Python
• Development and implementation of solutions for retrospective research studies, statistical methods, NLP and text mining application
• Exposure to ETL, scalable manipulation and extraction is an advantage
• Good foundation level understanding of data modelling, designing and implementing integrated data systems eg data warehouse, relational database management systems (RDBMS)
• Excellent overall IT literacy (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and good data visualization skills (prior exposure to MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau, Shiny an advantage)
• Good understanding of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and implementing systems which are compliant with GDPR.
• Fluent in French and business proficiency in English, both written and spoken We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us.
You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients.
Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.